February 21st, 2017 - 9:25PM
Union Arena - Woodstock, VT
Box Score
Game ID: 1184

In the second semifinal game we had the #2 seed Blues hosting the #3 seed Tuck. The game started off with both teams get a few chances but then Tuck started to pick up their play and testing the Blues goalie Jay Seals.  Tuck was finally able to get one past the Blues goaltender with 1:28 left in the period on a goal from Manny Vezina.  The period would end with Tuck up 1-0 but if it wasn't for the Blues Seals turning away 16/17 shots in the first period the score could have been a lot different as the Blues only had 3 shots  on Tuck's Colin Farr in the first period. 

In the second period it was Tuck who came out flying and it would pay off as Tuck's Shawn Curley put his team up 2-0 with 13:06 left in the period.  After going up 2-0 Tuck would get a power play chance and they would cash in on it as Michael Boches put Tuck up 3-0 at 6:08 mark.  The Blues didn't give up though being down 3-0 as they would get a late goal from Keith Lazarczyk with 1:31 remaining in the period.  The period would end with Tuck up 3-1 and again like the first the Blues Jay Seals had 15 saves vs. Tuck's Farr 10. 


In the third Tuck came out with the same intensity as they had in the first two periods and it only took 45 seconds for Manny Vezina to put Tuck up 4-1.  The quick goal was all that Tuck needed as it took what little wind was left in the Blues sails.  Tuck would add an insurance goal at 7:21 mark from Dan Gregg to make the score 5-1 Tuck.  Tuck would hang on to win the game by the score of 5-1 and upset the # 2 seed Blues.  If the Blues didn’t have Jay Seals in net this score could have been much higher as he had 46 saves in the game.  With the win Tuck will face the Jacks in the Whalen Cup final in which we have #3 seed (Tuck) vs. the #4 seed (Jacks) as both Tuck and the Jacks upset the higher seeds. 


Labatt Blues

© 2003-2018 Upper Valley Hockey League.
Website design & maintenance by Kelly Andrew Park